Friday, February 3, 2012

Slowly but Surely

I think that somewhere over the last week or so I had forgotten that this *was* a chair.  By some freakish turn of events I had today (a weekday) off, which means I could finally get to the upholstery supply shop. Let me tell you, that side of town.... kinda scary... BUT every single employee there was soooo helpful. Like freakishly, where the hell did you come from-awesomely helpful. They had a button machine set up for customers. They even showed me how to operate the contraption! So. I went for fabric covered buttons over metal because, well that's what they had and I'm tired of waiting.  
In all her half finish glory.


Unfortunately the electric staple gun I picked up isn't cutting the mustard, if you know what I mean. 
Meet my new friend
Thank you Harbor Freight! I love you and your stupid cheap tools. In other news (if you could call it that) I bought another chair. I know, I know, I've already slapped my own hand for that one, but look!!

I love me some shapely legs!

You should be glad I don't have pictures of the rest of the chair, it is soooo gross/dirty. As in I refuse to bring this monster in until it's been stripped. It will definitely need to be taken down to the frame and be completely rebuilt. If you look closely at the top picture you can see the bottom getting ready to fall out. More tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment