Saturday, January 28, 2012

Wing Back Chair Progress

I pulled the trigger today and bought fabric for my reupholstery project. It's a chocolate brown cotton blend with   
a burlap texture. Super score at $7 a yard! It's darker in person.   
 
 I also went to the next best shop to the fabric store, Home Depot. Woot. Except they don't rent wimpy pneumatic staple guns for wimpy upholstery projects. In fact they don't rent any staple guns that shoot anything smaller than 7/8ths of an inch. So. I'm going to have to figure out a deal with my hand held staple gun, which doesn't seem to be cutting it. Sigh. Aside from that I picked up a stain for the legs and happily (not) spent my afternoon sanding the legs. I'm sure you're uber jealous by now. The scheme is coffee bean brown fabric, "ebony stain (because they didn't have espresso, I must be tired... need caffeine...) and I'm thinking antiqued brass buttons and decorative nails in the arms. I've got all the pieces cut... except the 3 (little ones... and the piping)  that I found hiding during clean up.  Hopefully I'll have this *expletive* done next weekend. 


No comments:

Post a Comment