Sunday, January 15, 2012

Scissors, Rambling.

My Patterns of Fashion finally came in. I feel like a real (historical) seamstress now! ... that doesn't read with the sarcastic Pinocchio voice it does in my head. I'll get into some disasters with it sometime soon I'm sure, but where to put it until then... it's a really awkward size. Anyway. The real excitement in my life has been scissors. I went to the flea market yesterday and scored a sweet pair of vintage Wiss pinking shears for 5 bucks. Unfortunately I whisked them off to be sharpened before getting any pictures. On the up side of things the place sharpening them is two blocks from my house. Every day for the last three years I have driven by this neat-looking hobby shop and have never found sufficient reason to stop in until it came up on my Google search. Go figure. I was dreaming of scissors last night, and woke up questioning my sanity. How many pairs does a girl need? Is functionality not enough?


I made a skirt yesterday, it was so adorable.... in my head. It was supposed to be one of those (almost) instantly gratifying one-hour projects....instead its just one ugly skirt. It's too poofy? It's unflattering. It make me look like a really awkward 12 year old girl. I shudder just thinking about it. So it was banished to the UFO purgatory, to await fiery death or possible reincarnation. It has pockets... it needs help, thoughts? Look at how disgustingly cute this fabric is!


In other news, after fiddling around with so many failed (I mean unfinished.... right) projects and so many *ahem* distractions. I've decided I can at least try to look good doing nothing. So I got to work organizing and found that there was indeed a desk under the rubble or should I say rubbish? TADA!


Really Useful Boxes. Really, that's what they're called.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment