Sunday, January 1, 2012

Dreaming of warmer weather...

In my last post I was pretty hyped about making some Regency era clothing. I made a shirt, and half a tailcoat. Haha. After being ensnared in the epic battle of the sleevils I decided to set the coat aside for a while... just until I don't feel like pulling my hair out when I look at it. In the mean time I've been dreaming of warmer weather  (and easier projects) so I made a dress.
It's navy and white rayon. It still needs to be hemmed... not that exciting but super comfortable and uber flattering, I promise it fits me better than the dress form! I'm more excited about the bag on the dress form, lookit!
It's cotton corduroy with wooden buttons, and a flower from the same fabric as the lining. I found the tutorial here http://www.rufflesandstuff.com/2009/08/by-request-giveaway.html

I am sooooo in love with this fabric, even though it's a poly blend shhhhh! I bought enough to make a dress too since it was 2.50 a yard on clearance.... which makes me love it more. :) Oh and one last little project



Leftovers from the dress, braided, with a piece of elastic sewn to the ends. I can't remember where I saw this, but I can't take credit for the original thought. And lastly, I know that no blog is complete without cats... so I borrowed a pair. They provide very thorough supervision, I assure you. Cheers, and happy New Year!



No comments:

Post a Comment