Saturday, June 2, 2012

Summer Sewing

I'll admit I'm a nut about dresses when the mercury gets above 85 degrees. They keep you cooler than anything else you might wear and you never have to worry about matching tops and bottoms. Instant outfit! Bam!


Simplicity 2362. Sewed up like a dream in two sewing sessions. I will be making more of this pattern for sure!


 

Another Simplicity pattern by Cynthia Rowley. Honestly the binding/neckline trim bit gave me fits, after a few times picking seams I decided it looked okay, and left it. I love the pattern and have two more dresses made up in just jersey but because of the neck binding, they're around the house wear until fixed grrrr. I am proud of my first invisible zipper (as sorta seen in the pic on the right) with pockets! had to read the directions to figure that one out! lol.


Felt flowers!!! found the tutorial here.
Someone stop me before I add these to everything. 

I also dug Erik's Regency Tailcoat of Doom out of purgatory. And got the sleeves on. As in set where I want them! It's been sitting for four months  (okay maybe six) and I honestly I've lost direction on it.... it's so franken-patterned I'm not sure what I need to do next but... well it's a step. Maybe the collar... the velvet collar.... I shudder to think of it. 

 Next up Butterick 6582. The fluffy one on the left, I think. With a new petticoat. mmmmmm


Maybe in this? maybe not.

Anyway I'm leaving you with this. This little bugger is growing on me. Don't die of cuteness. 


1 comment:

  1. Man, loving the first dress. It really flatters you. And haha, cats tend to grow on you if you let them. And they know it, too.

    ReplyDelete