Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Boobs, and Swimsuits

Here's the deal. I'm a 36G. A friend of mine introduces me to people as "Casey, the one with the huge boobs I was telling you about." While a lot of people would be happy to be so well erm endowed, but it creates a constant challenge to find clothes that fit, bras that don't cost a small fortune (or look like your grandmother's undies) and in summer, swim suits. Let's not talk about things like jogging or playing sports. lol. I've become a fan of Ali over at The Wardrobe, Reimagined , so when she  proposed a (pick your own garment) sew-a-long for June I knew what I wanted to make. Enter the vintage inspired bathing suit. 

I've toyed with the idea of modifying the Alison pattern  from Burda Style because it's adorable and lets not forget free. It will need a lot of modifications. A bathing suit is daunting on it's own I am faced with the additional challenge of making sure it has proper support for my ridiculous chest. I picked up this adorable suit at Figleaves.com a few weeks ago
It really is that cute in person.

I looked it over for a while and decided it's basically a bra with extra fabric over the cups. So logic goes that with the parts of an old bra I should be able to recreate the look with a retro spin. So I've been ripping apart an old bra with similar lines, for he last 45 minutes to salvage "parts". I'll be working a mock up in the morning wish me luck! 



No comments:

Post a Comment