Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Moving...

Oh the joys of moving. I can now say that I am 100% moved in to the new place. I love it, but it needs lotsa work. After work I biked around the neighborhood and then scraped paint off the glass on the front door. . mmm...  And I was productive as usual at work, meaning I found a new fabric for the sofa.   
As long as it's the only busy thing in the room it'll be ok, right?
I'll admit I am exhausted and a bit crazy right now, but I have so many ideas for everything. I just need more time and maybe for my tax return to come in... or my deposit back from the old place. 

This. Is . Happening. SOON. 
I already have the trunk. Watch out Home Depot!! I can't wait to play with some paint glazes. I sorta goofed around with "antiquing" the dresser I re-did (for lack of a better descriptive word) a month back. I like the white, it's just a smidge plain. Also legs... I had originally thought I liked the idea of a hammered bronze (spray paint rocks my socks) but now I'm needing something that will stand out from the hardwoods but not be tacky.
Dresser for reference ....Dare I call it Shabby Chic?
Did I mention that my new place has a million windows? Ok only 11 plus two doors with glass. All of them filled with tacky mini blinds. So project number, oh, I forget.. 4?  Roman Blinds. I posted up a wanted ad on Craigslist for broken blinds.... we will see how that goes... worst case scenario I order them for 8 bucks a piece from walmart... but that defeats the free-cycling diy, not buying from the "man" attitude I like to think I have. When it's convenient. HA. 


And last but not least: 

Actually this is like #217 on my to-do list.
.... BUT it's too cute to not show you guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment