Sunday, January 6, 2013

Party Bus/Traveling Costume Party

So while having brunch with some buddies, someone causally mentioned  all the birthdays coming up, which turned into "let's have one huge combined party". Then a party bus. Of course I had to throw out the idea that we all wear costumes.... and the organizer actually thought that'd be friggen' hilarious. Super hero themed. 12 1/2 days to put something together. Only one full weekend.   Challenge accepted! I'm thinking Poison Ivy, cliche I know but I wanted a villain with red hair, kinda limits things a wee bit. 

Check out this gorgeous Etsy find:

Source

I'm not fooling myself too much, I know that no one will put in half so much effort, and I know I don't have that kind of time.... but. Plan:

green tights: ordered
sacrifice boots, to be painted: check
old corset: check
vines: to be purchased
Red hair, tons of sass, and a hot glue gun: done deal baby.


The plan. Make corset cover from green jersey, tack it to the corset I made for Halloween last year, pictured below. 


All the leaves, glitter, whatever will go on the "cover" so this corset shouldn't be harmed, it's just a base to build onto. Then make green hot pants. Suit up and rock out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment