Sunday, September 30, 2012

I have things I *should* be working on, like that dress for the wedding that is less than 2 weeks away.... Instead I've been working on my Halloween costume, It fits great! I made a full bust adjustment and redrafted the pattern to have built in lapels instead of lapels as a separate pattern piece, which is the stupidest thing I've seen in a while. I also reshaped the upper collar since it wouldn't lie right in the back. I hate it. It's so PLAID! too....sigh. Why can I not picture things in my head better? Any suggestions ? maybe I'll scrap the whole thing and make a mermaid outfit instead....

Even the dress dummy looks fat in this thing.


I made this thing last weekend.


I've been on a quest to make work appropriate clothing that feels like pajamas.This little beauty is fleece. Unfortunately it's still too warm to wear it. I also made the ubiquitous BurdaStyle Jenny, it was a breeze to make and is to my surprise extremely comfortable, I can't wait to wear it with patterned tights! Cool weather now, please! 

Please ignore the button gap,
I swear I fixed it before leaving the house!
The best part about this skirt is the finishing inside, wish I had a picture, all the seams are finished with this darling lime green w/ white polka dot bias tape. 

2 comments:

  1. That jacket is awesome. And I love the work outfit :D What is the costume of?

    ReplyDelete
  2. White rabbit from Alice in Wonderland... not that original but I figured it was safe for work. Next I am so making a mermaid costume!

    ReplyDelete